Mondays generally suck, but they suck a little less if you get your body right to start the day. This is one of my favorite yoga practices from Sadie Nardini. She’s pretty awesome, and this 30 minute morning routine really helps me wake up and stretch all those places that need it most before I start the weekly grind again. Enjoy.
Now that the muscles are feeling nice, here’s a simple, refreshing smoothie to get your fruits and veggies on.
1 Cup Chopped Beet Leaves
1 Cup Chopped Celery
1 Cup Frozen Strawberries
1 Coconut Water
1 Tablespoon Chia Seeds
– Beets: potassium, vitamins A, B6 & C, magnesium, riboflavin, iron, copper, calcium, thiamine, folic acid, zinc and niacin (SUPER!!)
– Celery: potassium, folic acid and vitamins C & B6
– Strawberries: vitamins C & B5, potassium, folic acid and magnesium
– Coconut Water: improves digestion and metabolism, supports immune system
– Chia Seeds: omega-3 fatty acids, fiber, antioxidants, calcium, phosphorous and magnesium