Today I felt like getting my Om on. This classic and somewhat challenging Ashtanga Yoga practice works the whole body. The instructor offers some nice modifications for those of us who aren’t quite as “bendy” as she is. I also went for the tripod headstand variation rather than the one she uses towards the end of the practice. I think it’s a safer and easier version.
After some well-deserved time spent in Savasana, try this refreshing smoothie that is also great for healthy skin.
(Makes 2 Smoothies)
1 Cup Mesclun Greens
1 Cup Sliced Cucumbers
1 Cup Chopped Pineapple
1 Cup Sliced Strawberries
1 Inch Piece of Ginger
2 Cups water
– Mesclun: vitamins C & A, calcium and iron
– Cucumbers: vitamins K, C ,B1 & B5, copper, potassium, magnesium & biotin
– Pineapples: vitamin C, potassium, magnesium and folic acid
– Strawberries: vitamins C & B5, potassium, folic acid and magnesium
– Ginger: stimulates digestion, combats flatulence (NICE!) and is effective against colds