Here’s a Yoga Double Feature from my favorite YouTube Yogi and fellow Brooklynite, Sadie Nardini. I did a bunch of HIIT and high impact training last week, so I thought all-yoga workout would do my body good. These two practices are great by themselves and even better, in my opinion, when done back to back. A perfect way to start your day.
Follow that great yoga practice with an eye-opening apple ginger smoothie.
(Makes 2 Smoothies)
1 Sliced Apple
1 Cup Carrots
1/2 Cup Sliced Cucumber
1 Inch Piece of Ginger
1 Cup Orange Juice
1 Cup Water
– Apples: potassium, vitamin C and pectin (helps control cholesterol and blood sugar)
– Carrots: vitamins A & B6, folic acid and magnesium
– Cucumber: vitamins K, C ,B1 & B5, copper, potassium, magnesium & biotin
– Ginger: stimulates digestion, combats flatulence (NICE!) and is effective against colds
– Orange Juice: vitamins C & B6, potassium, folic acid, calcium and thiamine