Hey there peeps, no long time no see. It pains me to think how long it’s been since I shared some smoothie goodness with you, but life (and fatherhood) haven’t left me with much time to post. Today’s smoothie is the product of circumstance. The only things ingredients I had in the fridge that day were red apples, strawberries, celery and kale. I never combined apples and strawberries, so i figured I’d give it a go. I also decided to kick it up a notch with some cinnamon powder and powdered peanut butter. The results were so good, that I made this smoothie for 2 consecutive days. Give it a try and lemme know what you think.
2 cups Organic Kale
1 Red Apple (Cored)
1 Cup Organic Celery
1/2 Cup Organic Strawberries
1 Tablespoon Cinnamon Powder
2 Tablespoons Slim Powdered Peanut Butter
1 Cup Vanilla Almond Milk
– Kale: vitamins, A, B6 &C, potassium, copper, folic acid, calcium, iron, thiamine, riboflavin, niacin and zinc (MEGA-STACKED!!)
– Apples: potassium, vitamin C and pectin (helps control cholesterol and blood sugar)
– Celery: potassium, folic acid and vitamins C & B6
– Strawberries: vitamins C & B5, potassium, folic acid and magnesium
– Cinnamon: fiber, calcium, good for digestion
– Powdered Peanut Butter: protein, fiber and potassium
Today’s workout is a super quick HIIT workout that focuses on the lower body. It’s only 10 minutes, but I was definitely feeling it afterwards. It incorporates some of my least favorite, albeit most effective, exercises including the dreaded star jumps. Enjoy, lol.