Today I decided to add watermelon to my smoothie arsenal of ingredients. Watermelon is super refreshing and perfect for these warm, humid days that are upon us. I mixed the melon some frozen bananas and strawberries plus some baby kale for some green lovin’. I suggest having this smoothie before your morning workout as it will help reduce muscle soreness the next day. Enjoy.
2 Cups Pitted Watermelon
1 Sliced Banana (frozen)
1/2 Cup Frozen Strawberries
2 Cups Baby Kale
1/2 Cup Coconut Water
– Watermelon: vitamins A, B6 & C, lycopene, antioxidants & amino acids
– Bananas: vitamin B6 and potassium
– Strawberries: vitamins C & B5, potassium, folic acid and magnesium
– Kale: vitamins, A, B6 &C, potassium, copper, folic acid, calcium, iron, thiamine, riboflavin, niacin and zinc (MEGA-STACKED!!)
– Coconut Water: improves digestion and metabolism, supports immune system
Deep House Yoga Review
New York City’s sickest nightclub is Verboten in Williamsburg, BK. A few times a month, Verboten is also the dopest yoga studio you’ve ever seen. Willkommen Deep House Yoga lets you bring your ohm to the dance floor. I finally got the chance to take a class this week and it was as awesome as you’d expect. Making the experience that much better was that one friend of mine was the instructor, while another actually provided the beats for the class. The class was equal parts relaxing and challenging (WHOA), and the music was perfect for the setting. The class is about an hour and is conveniently scheduled after work (7PM and 8:30 PM). I highly recommend checking it out.