Dessert is for breakfast today as this smoothie features food’s sexiest couple – peanut butter and chocolate. I’ve raved about the Vitacost Slim Powdered Peanut Butter before, but chocolate has it’s own healthy powder version in the form of raw cacao powder. Add in some bananas, almonds and of course some dark chocolate almond milk and you have a breakfast smoothie fit for dessert. I also threw in a handful of spinach just because HEALTH.
1 Frozen, Sliced Banana
2 Tablespoons Vitacost Slim Powdered Peanut Butter
1 Tablespoon Raw Cacao Powder
1/4 Steel Cut Organic Oats
1 Handful Raw Almonds
1 Handful Spinach
1 Cup Dark Chocolate Almond Milk
– Bananas: vitamin B6 and potassium
– Powdered Peanut Butter: protein, fiber and potassium
– Cacao: protein, copper, potassium, vitamin B12, fiber and iron (STACKED!!)
– Oats: fiber and protein
– Raw Almonds: magnesium, potassium, phosphorous, riboflavin, copper, niacin and zinc (STACKED!!)
– Spinach: vitamins A, B1,2,3 &6, C, E & K, manganese, folate, magnesium, iron, copper, calcium, potassium, fiber, phosphorous, zinc, protein and selenium (SUPER STACKED!!)
For today’s workout I combined a 12 minute morning Yoga Practice from Sean Vigue and an 8 Minute Ab Workout from Fitness Blender. Get to work.