Ugh, cold and flu season sucks! Not only were this year’s flu shots completely worthless, but it has been a brutally cold February that has seen my entire household all get sick at once (GOOD TIMES!). Since I didn’t want to keep popping Mucinex and DayQuil like Reese’s Pieces, I went looking for a smoothie recipe the cut the legs off my cold. I found gold in an unlikely place…an MMA Radio Show. The host of the show was giving props to his teammate’s father for hooking up with a recipe to help him get over cold he couldn’t shake. It was a juice recipe, but I made a smoothie out of it because that’s how I roll. I would def recommend this receipt the next time you are sick. It’s not the most delicious, but it does the job. I felt like garbage before I tried this out. I threw down a couple mason jars of “Cold Killer” and was well enough to dance in a Flashmob in NYC on Valentines Day. That’s a whole other story, but for more details on this amazing event with a great cause, search the hashtag #DanceOutInLove. See if you can spot me in the video!
(Makes 2 Smoothies)
4 Chopped Carrots
1 Sliced Apple
1 Inch piece of Ginger
1 Clove Garlic
2 Chopped Celery Stalks
2 Cups Water
– Carrots: vitamins A & B6, folic acid and magnesium
– Apples: potassium, vitamin C and pectin (helps control cholesterol and blood sugar)
– Ginger: stimulates digestion, combats flatulence (NICE!) and is effective against colds
– Garlic: vitamins B1, B6, and C, manganese, copper, selenium, phosphorus and calcium (among countless other benefits)
– Celery: potassium, folic acid and vitamins C & B6
Since I was getting over being sick, I eased back into my workouts with this great yoga routine from Sean Vigue.
**Dance Out In Love Video Teaser**