Today’s smoothie is all green and all good. Great way to start your day and get you going.
1 Cup Organic Kale
1 Cup Chopped Organic Celery
1 Green Apple
1 Tablespoon Chia Seeds
1 Inch Piece of Organic Ginger
1 Cup Coconut Water
– Kale: vitamins, A, B6 &C, potassium, copper, folic acid, calcium, iron, thiamine, riboflavin, niacin and zinc (MEGA-STACKED!!)
– Celery: potassium, folic acid and vitamins C & B6
– Apples: potassium, vitamin C and pectin (helps control cholesterol and blood sugar)
– Chia Seeds: omega-3 fatty acids, fiber, antioxidants, calcium, phosphorous and magnesium
– Ginger: stimulates digestion, combats flatulence (NICE!) and is effective against colds
– Coconut Water: improves digestion and metabolism, supports immune system
For today’s quick workout, I went with old favorite. This is the first yoga routine I ever tried from Sadie Nardini, a/k/a the Rock Star of Yoga. It’s not only a great full body practice, but is also only about 15 minutes. Seems short, but you really feel it everywhere when you are done.